Dallas White Rock Marathon: Best Viewing Locations

Old December 7th 03, 02:58 PM
parkesy

Default Dallas White Rock Marathon: Best Viewing Locations

All:

For veterans of the Dallas White Rock Marathon,
a quick question. Bearing in mind the road
closures and detours which will be in effect
for next Sunday's race, where are the optimum
vantage points for spectators? I ask as my
"Support Crew" struggles with, (a) map reading
and, (b) navigating downtown Dallas, so if
y'all could recommend a few spots and routes,
I'll conduct the necessary walk-throughs prior
to the race.

Many thanks,
Parkesy
[woke up this morning with a throat infection -
Murphy strikes again!]
Old December 10th 03, 04:57 PM
M1ahearn

I ask as my "Support Crew" struggles with, (a) map reading and, (b)
navigating downtown Dallas, so if y'all could recommend a few spots and routes,
I'll conduct the necessary walk-throughs prior to the race.

Three spots I'd recommend would be the Turtle Creek area, Winfrey Point at
White Rock Lake, and Swiss Avenue. For Turtle Creek you'd park just off of Oak
Lawn around, say, Hall, and walk down the hill to Turtle Creek Boulevard. You
get to Winfrey Point by taking Garland Road to Emerald Isle and following that
around towards the lake. This place could be crowded but if it's not a relay
exchange point then it shouldn't be too bad. For Swiss Avenue I'd drive down
Gaston to maybe Skillman, then turn towards Swiss and look for a place to park.
As a caveat, I've never actually tried any of these but if I wanted to
spectate this is probably what I'd try. Good luck.

Mike
Old December 11th 03, 04:56 PM
Itchy Sanchez

You are all a bunch of assholes.