Required Intensity levels of Exercise for Fat Loss/Weight Maintenance

Old July 15th 03, 04:11 AM
Robert Ruddy

Default Required Intensity levels of Exercise for Fat Loss/Weight Maintenance

I have heard from various sources that most exercise routines end just
as the body starts to burn fat for fuel. For instance, at the 45 to 60
minute mark. I got some advice to push this to 2 hours to take
advantage of the fat burning effect. I now include at least one 2-hour
walking session per week, usually on the weekend. Having said that,
once I reach the desired fitness level and body fat % would I need
2-hour sessions to maintain my new weight or would that be necessary
at that point? Would 45 or 60-minute session suffice in maintenance
mode?

Thanks.

Rob
Old July 15th 03, 03:00 PM
John

Would 45 or 60-minute session suffice in maintenance
mode?

Yes, but it depends on intensity, or how fast your heart is beating for the
time period. Altered by speed, terrain etc.

John

Old July 15th 03, 03:26 PM
bicker 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:11:41 GMT, Robert Ruddy
wrote:
I have heard from various sources that most exercise routines end just
as the body starts to burn fat for fuel. For instance, at the 45 to 60
minute mark.

I've heard that mark pegged at 20 minutes.

--
¤bicker¤
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than

People are, of course, welcome to place whatever irrelevant
limitations on their ability to enjoy something that they wish.