Heart Rate Concern

Old July 2nd 03, 09:01 PM
Jim W

Default Heart Rate Concern

I'm 61 and have walked/run on a regular basis for about 30 years. In
the last five or six years I walk more than run. In two miles I will
walk 1.25 miles and run .75 miles. I recently got a pulse monitor and
my heart rate after a few minutes walking, at a four miles per hour
pace, is around 112 and when I run it is 175/180. After I finish it
will come down to the 80's after 5/10 minutes, if I sit down and don't
do anything. My resting rate before I exercise is in the low 60's. I
have left the monitor on for several hours after I exercise and notice
my rate will jump to 115/120 if I just walk around the house doing
very little. Does this sound like something I should be concerned
with, or is this normal after you exercise.
Thanks, Jim