Home Gyms

Old July 3rd 03, 12:04 PM
Roy Waller

Default Home Gyms

Which of the home gyms (Nautilus, Vectra, etc.) are you more likely to use?

Thanks.
Old July 4th 03, 08:15 AM
Screachy Preachy

KenP wrote:

(Roy Waller) wrote in message . com...
Which of the home gyms (Nautilus, Vectra, etc.) are you more likely to use?

Thanks.

Vectra. Bar none. Thats like comparing apples and oranges. Or a
Chevrolet Tracker to a Hummer H2.

I read that the H2 in fact uses a Chevy frame! Maybe more
comparable than you think!

Vectra is pretty good, but I think most of them do pretty much
the same thing. It's really hard to compare until you have actually
used a variety of machines for quite a while. Maybe hang around these
showrooms and really give them a workout. You might find that a $1200 or
$1500 machine gives you more bang for the buck than the really pricey
ones. There is one in Gym Source that charges an EXTRA $600 for
all-brass pulleys (vs. nylon)!

Anyone remember the old Universal Gyms, the cube with the 4
stations: military press, bench, leg press (w/ dip bars), and curl/lat
station? 4 weight stacks. Those were great machines!! Probably with a
foot print not much bigger than some of the big vectras. Very simple,
and very use-able, and nearly indestructible. I think if space were an
issue you might could fit a recliner in the *middle* of the cube!
I wonder where one might find one of these used?
--
----------------------
Kristofer Hogg, ms, rd
Old July 5th 03, 01:49 PM
KennyCrox

Which of the home gyms (Nautilus, Vectra, etc.) are you more likely to use?

As the other two post have noted, there is no comparison between Vectra and
Nautilus. I work for a retail fitness store and we sell Nautilus, Vectra and
Hoist.

However, I would suggest you look at the Hoist 210 and 310. Hoist is an
excellent product.

Kenny Croxdale

questions on home gym systems, hope this is the right place B Walker Weights 53 December 20th 03 02:53 PM
Best home gyms? Chris Weights 6 November 4th 03 03:25 AM
Home Gym Brian Weights 12 October 20th 03 01:30 AM
Gyms in Copenhagen? Thorbjørn Weights 6 September 13th 03 08:33 AM
home gym question Lavalady Weights 5 August 15th 03 09:02 PM