On a leash...

Old July 5th 03, 05:05 AM
Rich Johnson

Default On a leash...

"illecebra" wrote in message
I would appreciate any advice you folks could give me on a workout
that I can do with an infant in tow. I gave birth to my son a few
months ago, and have been frustratingly unsuccessful at getting back
into shape.

My husband is deployed, and there was a kidnapping attempt on our baby
shortly after he left, so I am not willing to leave the munchkin with
a sitter right now. I've tried getting together with another mom from
the unit and trading kid-holding and lap-swimming time (so we'd be in
the same place and I could still have half an eye on my baby), but I
haven't been able to find a reliable workout buddy.

We're in govornment quarters, so I have limited space to work out, but
I do have some. I've been taking munchkin on walks, but that's just
not cutting it. I would appreciate any suggestions. Since I live on
post, I do have access to pretty much any fitness equipment I could
want. (Though I haven't the slightest clue how to use any of it...
that's why my initial plan was a lot of swimming.)

I have exhausted all of the options I can think of, so thanks in
advance for your ideas.

Susan

Susan:

For general fitness, but the baby in a stroller, and walk. Do two 20 minute
fast walks every day. Stop at a place that has a chin up bar and do knee
raises to help tone the stomach. Do some push ups at home. Weight training
is probably not necessary, as lifting the baby as much as you are doing and
going to do until you give it up at 2 years old will give you some good
weight resistance training.

Old July 6th 03, 01:47 AM
Bob Cardone

Rita wrote:

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:33:30 -0700, illecebra wrote:

[...]

My granddaughter rollerblades while pushing a double
stroller in which her two kids, aged 10 months and just
over 2 years, ride. Before she had the second child, she
jogged pushing a jogging stroller, whatever that is, and
was at it three days before delivery, doing 3 miles in a
park.

Inline skating is a great exercise and is equivalent to jogging and
alot more fun. It is even a better workout when you are pushing a
stroller.

Bob