Advice on Walking Clothing

Old January 16th 06, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.walking

Default Advice on Walking Clothing

I'm off to Argentina/Chile in a few weeks time and figure I should invest in
some decent outdoor gear. I've got pretty much everything I need apart from
a decent waterproof/windproof jacket. I've been looking at Berghaus Mera's
but I'm not convinced they are worth the money. What are the other options?
I've not bought a waterproof jacket for 10 years or more so am a bit out of
touch.

All advice appreciated,
Matt