How to change from regular running shoes to minimalist shoes such as Five Fingers

Old October 16th 09, 06:16 PM posted to rec.running
Jos Bergervoet

Default How to change from regular running shoes to minimalist shoes such as Five Fingers

pithydoug wrote:
On Oct 16, 3:29 am, BarefootRunning wrote:
Support shoes and orthotics

..
Snip more anecdotal pimping of a contrived strawman.

Regardless of what you strap on your feet, allow time for adjustment.
If you're running comfortably in you current shoes, be damn careful
moving to glorified socks just for change. I'm surprised they didn't
use the African runners or Tarahumara as examples. They grow up
without shoes from their first step.

In our country when I was young we used wooden shoes. When I went
to school I changed to leather shoes which were considered more
stylish, but until about 5 years age it was only wood!

-- Jos