Mademoiselle Fitness and Spa, St Catharines, Ontario

Old February 21st 04, 03:03 PM
Michele

Default Mademoiselle Fitness and Spa, St Catharines, Ontario

I was wondering if anyone has/had the similiar problems. I moved to
St. Catharines Ontario from a northern commumity last July 31/03.
Before that, I used to make trips down, scouting the area for homes,
and staying with friends. I saw an office that was promoting this
fabulous "womens only" fitness club (Mademoiselle Spa and Fitness) an
offshoot of the Premiere Curzons fascilitites.
Out of the two Mademoiselle clubs that would be offered in the city of
St. Catharines neither were open at the time just these offices near
their sites, in other words you had nothing to tour just the word of
the recruiter and some floor plans and brochures. Being new to the
city and not even knowing that there was a closer location to where I
myself would be living, why I hadn't even moved there yet, I was
impressed by all they claimed to have in their fascility. When I
mentioned where I'd be living the young girl said, "oh you'll be
closer to our Penn Centre location", (this that I had dropped in was
at the "Scott St."location)and I was very happy. They claimed to have
the one nearest me opened by August 1/03 but that I could use the one
at Scott St. which should have been open in either June or July and
wasn't....delays!!!
However, I joined, it sounded good.
When I moved and went to start the club nearest me (Penn Centre) it
was not opened yet, each time I phoned I couldn't get in touch with
the lady who was to run the place (her mailbox was full),people at the
location that finally opened in September kept saying they had no idea
when the Penn would open. I continually got told a different date,
then they were sure of opening in Jan./04 to get the "new year
resolution crowd", each time you would phone they'd say oh a couple of
weeks, and each time it was shoved ahead more and more. Now into
Feb/04 and it is still not open!!!! I went to the other fascility on
Scott Street (also a late opening) and have not been satisfied. I am
used to a club with a designated stretch area after your workout, here
you through down a mat where ever you can find a spot between machines
and hope to God you don't get stepped on !!!! very unsafe. They also
said they'd have spinning classes, NOT!! and a box fit program where
each individual would have their own 'heavy bag', NOT!!
I had open heart surgery in '99 to replace an Aortic Valve, after
hiring a personal trainer, SHE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT AN AORTIC VALVE
WAS !! These people are supposed to be professionals, she would stand
there and yack and not count, in the allotted time she wouldn't finish
all the areas of the body and would tell me to stretch bymyself not
even showing proper form. I know all about these things as the
previous club I went to up north had PROFESSIONALS who taught form,
positioning, breathing and knew the body.
When I asked to have my contract ended as the club I was living near
was still not open they told me "sorry, you joined at the office
nearest the Scott Street location and it's open" But I said I'm not
happy there,and when I joined I didn't even live here and had no idea
there was this other place to join (the Penn Centre)as a "founding
member" meaning the place wasn't open yet. The fact is I wasn't yet a
resident of St. Catharines and didn't know my way around, how was I to
know that there was a pre-join at the Centre. I should have been told
this.
It is Feb.21/04 and STILL the Penn Centre location isn't open!!!!!
neve an explanation as to why. The main Premiere Curzons on Bunting
Street is not open either. I am very discouraged with my treatment
with this company, I mean you don't even get a tour of the place when
it isn't even open when joining you should at least have the option of
terminating the contract if you are not satisfied and the club doesn't
live up to it's claims.
Has anyone had similiar problems or suggestions what I should do?
Michele C.
Old February 22nd 04, 03:21 AM
Spammers_Should_Be_Shot

"Michele" wrote in message
om...
snipped
Has anyone had similiar problems or suggestions what I should do?

Yeah, in the future don't sign a contract without knowing what you're
getting yourself into.

HTH

Old February 22nd 04, 10:06 AM
Dr. Dickie

On 21 Feb 2004 07:03:26 -0800, (Michele) wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has/had the similiar problems. I moved to
St. Catharines Ontario from a northern commumity last July 31/03.
Snip Long Story
Has anyone had similiar problems or suggestions what I should do?
Michele C.

Assuming it is not too late, consider this a learning experience. Talk
is cheap, if it is not in place so that you can see it, NEVER expect
that it will happen just because a salesperson says it will.
Even if it is in place, that does not mean they won't get rid of it.
NEVER sign a long term lease without KNOWING that the place is to your
liking and will likely stay that way for awhile. How do you know it
will stay that way for a long term? You don't, no matter how stable it
seems. So try to never sign a long term lease.
What can you do now? Bitch, cry, yell, hire a lawyer (who will likely
take your money and tell you there is nothing to be done), stamp your
feet, and tell everyone you know to avoid the place like the plague.
If there is a local television station that exposes rip-offs you might
want to contact them; however, for the most part, health clubs in
general are typically run by rip-off artists, so like "dog bites man,"
it is not really news.

Dr. Dickie
Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
Poking kooks with a pointy stick
"Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream"
Wallace Stevens-1923