Definitely NOT Kryptonian!

Old July 21st 06, 04:16 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt James

Default Definitely NOT Kryptonian!

If you're familiar with your Superman lore, you'll remember that ol'
Kal-El derives his power from the Earth's yellow sun.

Well, two hours at the pool from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. yesterday without
sunblock and no ballcap protecting the pumpkin offered me no powers of
flight or super strength. Ouch.

Thankfully, I was wearing a sleeveless t-shirt which provided me with a
nice farmer's neck look as a result.

Sore throat as a consequence of overexposure to the sun? And a general
feeling of "Hey, I just been fried." Wouldn't say I've been burned, but
properly reddened? Yes.

--
Curt

Old July 21st 06, 04:23 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com,
"Curt James" wrote:

If you're familiar with your Superman lore, you'll remember that ol'
Kal-El derives his power from the Earth's yellow sun.

Well, two hours at the pool from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. yesterday without
sunblock and no ballcap protecting the pumpkin offered me no powers of
flight or super strength. Ouch.

Thankfully, I was wearing a sleeveless t-shirt which provided me with a
nice farmer's neck look as a result.

Sore throat as a consequence of overexposure to the sun? And a general
feeling of "Hey, I just been fried." Wouldn't say I've been burned, but
properly reddened? Yes.

Olive oil... Seriously.

I introduced my housekeeper to it last weekend when she got severely
sunburned wearing a bikini while tubing down the local river.

Reduced the pain rapidly and sped healing.

It's also good for psoriasis and dry itchy skin patches.
I use it on my feet for cracked calluses.

Who needs to spend large $$$ amounts for Silvadene? G
Altho' I'd probably invest in that for 3rd degree burns......
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Old July 21st 06, 04:26 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt James

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
[...]

re overexposure to the sun

Olive oil... Seriously.

[...]

Reduced the pain rapidly and sped healing.

[...]

Thanks, Om!

--
Curt

Old July 21st 06, 05:10 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
David Cohen

"Curt James" wrote
If you're familiar with your Superman lore, you'll remember that ol'
Kal-El derives his power from the Earth's yellow sun.

Well, two hours at the pool from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. yesterday without
sunblock and no ballcap protecting the pumpkin offered me no powers of
flight or super strength. Ouch.

Thankfully, I was wearing a sleeveless t-shirt which provided me with a
nice farmer's neck look as a result.

Sore throat as a consequence of overexposure to the sun? And a general
feeling of "Hey, I just been fried." Wouldn't say I've been burned, but
properly reddened? Yes.

Were you going to provide an excuse for this behavior, or should we just
make up our own?

We can, you know.

Old July 21st 06, 07:36 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com,
"Curt James" wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
[...]

re overexposure to the sun

Olive oil... Seriously.

[...]

Reduced the pain rapidly and sped healing.

[...]

Thanks, Om!

Please let me know if it worked for you as well as it worked for Lynn?
;-) I got the hint originally from my sister. She was on a list for
awhile for natural skin care.

It worked so well........
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Old July 21st 06, 08:30 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
oregonchick

"Curt James" wrote in message
oups.com...
If you're familiar with your Superman lore, you'll remember that ol'
Kal-El derives his power from the Earth's yellow sun.

Well, two hours at the pool from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. yesterday without
sunblock and no ballcap protecting the pumpkin offered me no powers of
flight or super strength. Ouch.

Thankfully, I was wearing a sleeveless t-shirt which provided me with a
nice farmer's neck look as a result.

Sore throat as a consequence of overexposure to the sun? And a general
feeling of "Hey, I just been fried." Wouldn't say I've been burned, but
properly reddened? Yes.

--
Curt

I have fair skin and red hair, and live in the pacific NW where we don't get
extreme temps and year round sun.... A recent trip to Florida was a wakeup
call. I slathered on spf 50, down to my knees, but erroneously thought my
lower legs would be tucked inside the kayak we rented. I was wrong. 4
hours paddling in the mangroves left me PURPLE. My legs swelled up
absolutely huge, and I was in extreme pain and discomfort and could hardly
walk. Here it is 3 weeks later, and my legs have peeled 4 times. You can
still see red and purple blotches on my legs....

Old July 21st 06, 08:49 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt James

Cohen wrote:
"Curt James" wrote
If you're familiar with your Superman lore, you'll remember that ol'
Kal-El derives his power from the Earth's yellow sun.

Well, two hours at the pool from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. yesterday without
sunblock and no ballcap protecting the pumpkin offered me no powers of
flight or super strength. Ouch.

Thankfully, I was wearing a sleeveless t-shirt which provided me with a
nice farmer's neck look as a result.

Sore throat as a consequence of overexposure to the sun? And a general
feeling of "Hey, I just been fried." Wouldn't say I've been burned, but
properly reddened? Yes.

Were you going to provide an excuse for this behavior, or should we just
make up our own?

Have at. I appreciate your imagination if nothing else. ;o)

We

You, TROLL DISENABLERMAN, and KING? Or some other we?

can, you know.

I have no doubt.

Curt

Old July 21st 06, 09:05 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt James

oregonchick wrote:
"Curt James" wrote
[...]

Ow, ow, ow! Speedy recovery to you and your legs, Betsy. Mine's nowhere
near that extreme. I'm hoping I don't peel. No one at the gym went,
"AAAAHHH!!! What the hell happened to YOU???" (Well, not more that
usual...)

Years ago, however, I walked 17 miles between those "safe hours" of 10
a.m. and 2 p.m. and suffered from sun poisoning the following day. Woke
up the next morning and my wrinkles were, miraculously, GONE! Replaced
by a very swollen noggin and one closed eye. Yegads! I drove to the
emergency room and told the fine folk there, "You may not know it, but
I normally do not look like this." And went about telling my tale of a
sunlit stroll from Lebanon to Clay. They gave me some kind of gel to
apply, but I quickly tired of that and just let nature take its course.

Yes, skin cancer may get me before "the lump" does. Speaking of which!

Received a bill from the radiology clinic today.

BALANCE DUE: $730.00

"For billing questions, please call 800-PAN-ICKY"

Okay, that wasn't the number, but I did call the number that was
provided.

They'd copied my identification number incorrectly. Said they'd
resubmit the claim.

So, yes, CT scans are a fairly pretty penny from my perspective. *AND*
as I review the bill... I was charged $70.00 for 300 ml of iodine, but
they told me they only injected me with 100 ml. HEY, I WANT MY 200 ML,
DADNABIT!

The nerve. No one even offered me a doggie bag.

--
Curt

Old July 21st 06, 09:43 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Jason Earl

"Curt James" writes:

oregonchick wrote:
"Curt James" wrote
[...]

I did something similar once in Mazatlan Mexico, except I knew full
well I was going to burn and religiously applied SPF 50 every two
hours. Of course this was in the day when my idea of exercise
involved using one of those old IBM keyboards with the really heavy
springs and "clicky" feel on my computer, and I only went outside
because my favorite pizza joint didn't deliver in my area.

Years ago, however, I walked 17 miles between those "safe hours" of
10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and suffered from sun poisoning the following
day. Woke up the next morning and my wrinkles were, miraculously,
GONE! Replaced by a very swollen noggin and one closed eye. Yegads!
I drove to the emergency room and told the fine folk there, "You may
not know it, but I normally do not look like this." And went about
telling my tale of a sunlit stroll from Lebanon to Clay. They gave
me some kind of gel to apply, but I quickly tired of that and just
let nature take its course.

Yes, skin cancer may get me before "the lump" does. Speaking of
which!

Ya gotta die of something...

Received a bill from the radiology clinic today.

BALANCE DUE: $730.00

"For billing questions, please call 800-PAN-ICKY"

Okay, that wasn't the number, but I did call the number that was
provided.

They'd copied my identification number incorrectly. Said they'd
resubmit the claim.

So, yes, CT scans are a fairly pretty penny from my
perspective. *AND* as I review the bill... I was charged $70.00 for
300 ml of iodine, but they told me they only injected me with 100
ml. HEY, I WANT MY 200 ML, DADNABIT!

The nerve. No one even offered me a doggie bag.

Stuff like this reinforces my "happy happy happy... dead" theory of
medical care. Honestly, as long as I feel fine I don't want to know
that I may be on death's door. If I had a lump on my jaw I would just
grow a beard.

Jason
Old July 21st 06, 11:12 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides

"oregonchick" wrote in message
. ..

"Curt James" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

My wife is the same way. She's of English/Welsh extraction, and she
basically doesn't tan, she burns. Keep this in mind with your own children.
We're pretty lucky in that both our kids seem to have inherited enough of my
swarthy, Mediterranean complexion that they don't have nearly the problems
with the sun my wife does. Fortunately for them, they also inherited some
of her looks as well.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com