Price to enter your public swimming pool

Old October 20th 09, 12:10 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Bernard[_3_]

Default Price to enter your public swimming pool

Hi,

What does one entrance to your public swimming pool costs to you?

I am interessed to know what around the globe does it cost?

Here in Belgium you find entrances for 1?50 up to 5?50 (Ghent, 5?50 25m pool
and to costly at my opinion, Antwerp Olympic pool = 2?).
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Bernard

Old October 20th 09, 12:48 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Duncan Heenan

"Bernard" news.skynet.be wrote in message
Hi,

What does one entrance to your public swimming pool costs to you?

I am interessed to know what around the globe does it cost?

Here in Belgium you find entrances for 1?50 up to 5?50 (Ghent, 5?50 25m
pool and to costly at my opinion, Antwerp Olympic pool = 2?).
--
Met vriendelijke groeten, Bernard

Southern UK (locally to me) -Cheapest adult 2.30, average about 3.50 a
session, top about 4.50. Children are cheaper, sometimes free for some
sessions. Pensioners get varying concessions, and in some places are free,
but usually with time limits.
For that you generally geta about an hour, but if it is not busy most places
don't watch the clock. You pay extra to use other facitlites such as gym or
sauna etc.
--
Duncan Heenan

Old October 20th 09, 02:51 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
tjee

"Bernard" news.skynet.be schreef in bericht
Hi,

What does one entrance to your public swimming pool costs to you?

I am interessed to know what around the globe does it cost?

Here in Belgium you find entrances for 1?50 up to 5?50 (Ghent, 5?50 25m
pool and to costly at my opinion, Antwerp Olympic pool = 2?).
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Bernard

In Delft (Holland) we pay euro 3.80 (adults). One year earlybird
swimming(every weekday from 7.00-9.00) costs euro 150
My average is 100 times a year, so 1.50 a visit. I think that's quite cheap.

Hartelijke groeten terug Bernard, lekker in Antwerpen zwemmen dan maar!
(lesson in Dutch is free)

tjee

Old October 20th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Pat[_13_]

Bernard wrote:
Hi,

What does one entrance to your public swimming pool costs to you?

I am interessed to know what around the globe does it cost?

Here in Belgium you find entrances for 1?50 up to 5?50 (Ghent, 5?50
25m pool and to costly at my opinion, Antwerp Olympic pool = 2?).

Here in Texas, most people avoid the public swimming pools due to the large
number of boisterous children in them. Most people get a gym membership.
The YMCA,as an example, costs $42 a month and you can swim as often as you
like.

Pat

Old October 21st 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Nemo ad Nusquam

Pat wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Hi,

What does one entrance to your public swimming pool costs to you?

I am interessed to know what around the globe does it cost?

Here in Belgium you find entrances for 1?50 up to 5?50 (Ghent, 5?50
25m pool and to costly at my opinion, Antwerp Olympic pool = 2?).

Here in Texas, most people avoid the public swimming pools due to the large
number of boisterous children in them. Most people get a gym membership.
The YMCA,as an example, costs $42 a month and you can swim as often as you
like.

Hhhmm.... The Mississauga (ON) Y just raised their monthly rate to $57.

Incidentally, Toronto public pools are free but most pools in southern Ontario
charge about $4 a swim.

Pat

Old October 22nd 09, 04:31 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Ghost Rider

Bernard wrote:
Hi,

What does one entrance to your public swimming pool costs to you?

I am interessed to know what around the globe does it cost?

Here in Belgium you find entrances for 1?50 up to 5?50 (Ghent, 5?50 25m pool
and to costly at my opinion, Antwerp Olympic pool = 2?).

190$ US for a year pass to swim in an indoor 10 lane 50m
pool(summer)converted to a 20 lane 25 yard pool(winter) 7 days a week.
Of course you need to be a resident of the county where I live in GA.
Out of county you pay 3$ per visit.
Old October 23rd 09, 01:45 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Steve Freides[_2_]

"Bernard" news.skynet.be wrote in message
Hi,

What does one entrance to your public swimming pool costs to you?

I am interessed to know what around the globe does it cost?

Here in Belgium you find entrances for 1?50 up to 5?50 (Ghent, 5?50
25m pool and to costly at my opinion, Antwerp Olympic pool = 2?).
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Bernard

I volunteer as a swimming teacher - two 45-minute classes every
Wednesday afternoon at my local YMCA. They don't charge me for my
membership and I can swim at any time.

The closest thing to a public pool in my town is a man-made lake that's
only open in the summer. Last year, a day pass was $10 for one of my
kids, something like $75 per person for an unlimited pass for the entire
summer.

-S-

Old November 16th 11, 05:58 PM
klacc klacc is offline
Banned

It's free for people to use the pool in my home. I live in Hawaii though and pretty much no one chooses the pool even though it is free when the beach is so close.
Old September 19th 12, 02:20 PM
simonwhite simonwhite is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacc View Post
It's free for people to use the pool in my home. I live in Hawaii though and pretty much no one chooses the pool even though it is free when the beach is so close.
thanks for this post here
Oil Painting| Oil Painting|

the decline of public pool use Norm[_3_] Swimming 5 November 7th 08 07:18 AM
Public pool : nobody swims lengths. they just walk or stand [email protected] Swimming 4 December 27th 06 11:48 PM
New swimming pool! [email protected] Swimming 10 October 9th 06 09:47 PM
Where find public pool? Joe Swimming 2 June 8th 04 12:04 AM
Swimming Pool Help? RWC Swimming 3 May 21st 04 07:25 AM