USA Swimming Bans Full Length Suits for 14 and Under

Old October 15th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
[email protected]

Default USA Swimming Bans Full Length Suits for 14 and Under

I just got the word today that this rule has been adopted and will be
in next year's rulebook. Our LSC is going to start enforcing it
immediately except for meets that are already sanctioned (this info
will need to go into the meet announcement).

I wonder how many parents went out and bought a LZR for little Johnny
after watching Phelps in the Olympics, and now they are out $500.
Older, smaller swimmers should be watching Ebay if they want one!

Dave Clary
Corpus Christi, TX
http://davegetsfit.blogspot.com
Diet, Exercise, and Golf!
Old October 16th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
[email protected]

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 22:33:54 -0500, "Robert W. McAdams"

I wonder how many parents went out and bought a LZR for little Johnny
after watching Phelps in the Olympics, and now they are out $500.
Older, smaller swimmers should be watching Ebay if they want one!

They would have been out $500 anyway! $500 will buy a lot of coaching,
and a kid will typically see more speed improvements from that than from
wearing an LZR suit. And the technique improvements from the coaching
will last a lot longer than an LZR suit!

Well it's still $500 gone with nothing to show for it. Corporate
sponsor Speedo can't be too happy about this either. I didn't see any
age-groupers wearing a LZR but I did see a lot of Fast Skins. Now
it's nothing but jammers and briefs for the boys.

Dave Clary
Corpus Christi, TX

Old October 28th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
PatTX

::
:: And by the time next year's rulebook comes out, little Johnny's suit
:: will be worn out, and he will also have outgrown it!
::
::
:: Bob

Heck, those suits are so revealing that I doubt any boy 14 or under would
dare to wear one anyway! I guess you noticed that NBC would show the
swimmers from the waist up when they were wearing those suits.... No little
boy would dare wear one. I still remember taking my son to swim lessons at
age 5. The instructor was wearing a Speedo. My little boy pointed at him and
in his loudest voice, yelled, "I can see his weener!"

No way they'd wear that suit!

Pat in TX

Old October 29th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
[email protected]

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:16:36 -0500, "PatTX"
wrote:

Heck, those suits are so revealing that I doubt any boy 14 or under would
dare to wear one anyway!

I guarantee you they would. There are plenty of kids wearing the
FastSkins which are almost as revealing.

They can still wear a LZR if they are willing to shell out $280 for
the jammer version.

Dave Clary
Corpus Christi, TX
Old November 11th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
PatTX

:::
::: Heck, those suits are so revealing that I doubt any boy 14 or under
::: would dare to wear one anyway! I guess you noticed that NBC would
::: show the swimmers from the waist up when they were wearing those
::: suits.... No little boy would dare wear one. I still remember
::: taking my son to swim lessons at age 5. The instructor was wearing
::: a Speedo. My little boy pointed at him and in his loudest voice,
::: yelled, "I can see his weener!"
::
:: If you are saying that shame is the natural state, then I think you
:: haven't lived outside the US.

No, I didn't say that or even propose that might be the case. I just
reported on my little boy at age 5. BTW: I have lived in Germany for 8
years. As far as the young boys, my son later had a friend who quit swim
team when told to wear a Speedo. I think the underlying angst is that
someone would compare penis sizes....

Pat in TX

Old November 11th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
PatTX[_2_]

:::
::: No, I didn't say that or even propose that might be the case. I just
::: reported on my little boy at age 5. BTW: I have lived in Germany
::: for 8 years. As far as the young boys, my son later had a friend
::: who quit swim team when told to wear a Speedo. I think the
::: underlying angst is that someone would compare penis sizes....
:::
::: Pat in TX
::
:: But he thought there was something remarkable about seeing a "weener"
:: under a speedo. Isn't that learned?

Well, if it is, he didn't learn it from me. I don't recall the word "weener"
being a part of my vocabulary. He probably got it from another boy.

Pat in TX