saddle sores

Old July 1st 03, 05:27 PM
Marty

Default saddle sores

that sounds like a sebacious (sp) cyst, resulting from chafing/sweat
in the area. keep the area clean and apply neosporin to it for a few
days. they can go away on their own or stick around for months.
consider lubing up with vaseline or other friction reducing
powders/lubes.

hello RST, crikey what a bloody mess this place was for a while.

"Steve and Becky" wrote in message ...
I've developed a bump the size of a pea just do the right of my pubic bone.
It's on the side that takes most of the pressure of the nose of my seat when
I'm in my aerobars. Very sore. Sound familiar to anyone? It's not blister
like, just a soft bump that's slightly red in color.
any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old July 1st 03, 05:53 PM
sku

unfortunately that does sound familiar to me. i had one of those last year.
i had to take about 5 days off of cycling (not what you want to hear)
because it was so sore i couldn't sit on the saddle. i also washed it a lot
and it went away. from there on out, i use chamois butter before riding and
i try to quickly handwash my cycling shorts after every use. also, making
sure you have a proper bike-fit and a good saddle is obvisouly a good idea.
i haven't had another one since.