Youth swim lessons in Denver, Colorado

Old July 12th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
[email protected]

Default Youth swim lessons in Denver, Colorado

Hi all,

My 11 year old son cannot swim and is looking at being taught in
middle school if he can't get it going during summer vacation. He is
embarrassed at not knowing how to swim at eleven years of age, and, I
suspect, fearful of the water. Does anyone here know of swimming
lessons in Denver that are taught by someone who *knows* how to teach
people who can't swim or are afraid of the water? (Not someone who
just knows how to swim themselves.) We've tried some private lessons
and the teacher might have been a swimmer but perhaps wasn't a good
teacher. In any event, we need a good program. Soon.

Thanks for any insights,

Old July 12th 07, 07:38 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
MW Smith

On Jul 12, 2:21 am, wrote:
Hi all,

My 11 year old son cannot swim and is looking at being taught in
middle school if he can't get it going during summer vacation. He is
embarrassed at not knowing how to swim at eleven years of age, and, I
suspect, fearful of the water. Does anyone here know of swimming
lessons in Denver that are taught by someone who *knows* how to teach
people who can't swim or are afraid of the water? (Not someone who
just knows how to swim themselves.) We've tried some private lessons
and the teacher might have been a swimmer but perhaps wasn't a good
teacher. In any event, we need a good program. Soon.

Thanks for any insights,

It sounds like he didn't do well in the private lessons.

You might try calling a psychologist to ask his advice on where to
find an instructor who handles fear of water situations.