Merry Christmas

Old December 23rd 16, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Graham Seed[_3_]

Default Merry Christmas

If nobody answers this then I'll turn off the lights. I see there have
been various recent bits of spam and an attempted troll by Angus, but
very little else. Seasons Greetings to anyone lurking, I hope you manage
a decent walk over Christmas.

Graham
Old December 23rd 16, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Nick Maclaren[_4_]

In article ,
Graham Seed wrote:
If nobody answers this then I'll turn off the lights. I see there have
been various recent bits of spam and an attempted troll by Angus, but
very little else. Seasons Greetings to anyone lurking, I hope you manage
a decent walk over Christmas.

We won't, but are heading for an extended holiday in NZ in the New
Year, and hope to get some in there! I have been scrubbing boots
and walking poles .... Happy hiking, anyway.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old December 24th 16, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Ted Ferenc

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 21:30:53 +0000, Graham Seed wrote:

If nobody answers this then I'll turn off the lights. I see there have
been various recent bits of spam and an attempted troll by Angus, but
very little else. Seasons Greetings to anyone lurking, I hope you manage
a decent walk over Christmas.

Graham

Best wishes from a lurker, we do have a canal/pub walk planned for after
Christmas, I hope everyone has at least one short walk planned.

Ted Ferenc
Old December 24th 16, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
dave

On 24/12/16 10:34, Ted Ferenc wrote:
Best wishes from a lurker.

+1
--
Dave
Old December 24th 16, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Tim Jackson[_2_]

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 11:07:57 +0000, dave wrote...

On 24/12/16 10:34, Ted Ferenc wrote:
Best wishes from a lurker.

+1

+2. I think we're all lurkers these days. :-(

--
Tim Jackson
lid
Old December 25th 16, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Roger Chapman[_3_]

On 23/12/2016 21:30, Graham Seed wrote:
If nobody answers this then I'll turn off the lights. I see there have
been various recent bits of spam and an attempted troll by Angus, but
very little else. Seasons Greetings to anyone lurking, I hope you manage
a decent walk over Christmas.

Graham

Merry Xmas all, and best wishes for the new year.

Well I got in a short walk before Xmas dinner, almost 2 miles of it on
an almost flat pavement.

I have done a few more walks this year than the previous two but
exhaustion sets in almost as soon as I start so I have not managed more
than 10 miles or 2500 feet of ascent on any one day this year and some
times considerably less. Having at long last completed the Birketts
there is even less of an imperative to go hill walking.

Not even much of a lurker either since I only look in about every three
months. Shame but I think our time has effectively ended.

--
Roger Chapman
Old December 26th 16, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Nige Danton

: On 23/12/2016 21:30, Graham Seed wrote:
If nobody answers this then I'll turn off the lights. I see there have
been various recent bits of spam and an attempted troll by Angus, but
very little else. Seasons Greetings to anyone lurking, I hope you manage
a decent walk over Christmas.

another lurker here. I'll be walking in the Sierra Bernia mountains.
Compliments of the season to all.
--
Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l
Old December 27th 16, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 20:46:00 +0000, Roger Chapman
wrote:

Shame but I think our time has effectively ended.

I didn't hear the fat lady.

Interestingly my father in law actually heard her when sailing out of
some south american port.

I did some walks in the Ogwen valley with the dog, one around electric
mountain and revisited Cadair Idris, I was the backmarker going up,
breathless and agonising descents with the knees but all good fun in
retrospect.

Best wishes all lurking.

AJH

PS an earwig tune is one that stays in the head repeating itself. one
of mine is from a lady poster here about a group of soldiers, it has a
sudden stop, anyone know it?

Merry christmas everyone! Alric[_5_] Weights 3 December 25th 07 03:25 PM
Merry christmas everyone! Alric[_5_] Running 3 December 25th 07 03:25 PM
Merry Christmas Wavy G Weights 1 December 23rd 07 07:25 PM
Merry Christmas sandy saunders Walking in the UK 2 December 17th 04 07:28 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! Carole Benton \(Mrs\) Swimming 14 December 31st 03 01:03 PM