help with New Balance shoe selection, please #643?

Old July 6th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.running
richg99

Default help with New Balance shoe selection, please #643?

This query isn't really RUNNING shoes, but... I own some New Balance 643s
with the Abzorb sole. They are, by far, the most comfortable shoes that I
have ever owned.

Unfortunately they have a heavy treaded base (which might contribute to
their comfort??). The heavy tread holds and drags dirt and grass clippings
in all of the time.

I'd like to buy something very similar, in white, preferably, that also
provides such a comfortable walking experience. I own other New Balance
shoes and they are fine, but by no means as comfortable as the #643.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. thanks, Richg99

Old July 6th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.running
lil'mcgraw

Just doing a quick search showed a few different NB643s. I'll assume that
since you mentioned a heavy tread, you have the brown "Country Walker" 643.
If so you might look at the MR644 which is the running version (hence the
"r" in the name.) Another good shoe from New Balance is the MR882, very
cushioning and not an aggressive running tread so you could use them for
walking and not pick up too much mulch.
Hope that helps.
-CRMF

Old July 6th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.running
richg99

Hi, thanks for the additional research. From what I --then-- read, ALL of
the "other" 643's were either --children's-- or --ladies-- ( I need the
man's version). I did see the note that the 644 replaces the 643...so..I
shall check that out at my local stores.

A couple of Google searches, before I posted on this group...revealed none
of this information. I must have used the wrong input
parameters. ---Most--- useless was the New Balance site itself!

thanks, Rich

Shoe sizes - Asics, New Balance Mark \(MSA\) Running 3 November 5th 05 09:51 PM
Shoe Selection to minimize impact on spine [email protected] Running 29 October 12th 05 08:09 AM
Shoe Selection Process GWN Running 11 July 16th 05 06:25 AM
Data on shoe selection and injury in weightlifting [email protected] Weights 4 June 3rd 05 05:28 PM
advice requested: shoe selection Eben Yong Running 7 June 23rd 04 07:50 AM