Newbie workout schedule.

Old February 2nd 04, 02:47 PM
Bolton

Default Newbie workout schedule.

I been on the South beach diet for two weeks and lost wieght. Last
week I been working out everyday just to get back into the routine and
it has been working. Instead of doing certain portions of the body
each day I do every part. Here is my schedule.

Chest: DB chest press 3 sets of 10
Shoulders: DB shoulder press 3 sets of 10
ABS: Abs crunch 3 sets of 12
Back: Machine row(sit down)3 sets of 10
Tricep: DB French press 3 sets of 10( this is the hardest for me)
Biceps: DB bicep curl 3 sets of 10
Back: DB squats 3 sets of 10

I did this for 8 days straight just to get me back in the routine.
Starting this week I am going to be doing this 4 to 5 days with cardio
done everyday. For cardio I run a mile on the treadmill and about 25
minutes on a stationary bike.

I am also going to take Whey starting this week. I looking to take
about 50g a day throughout the day. I am also looking into take
creatine. This is not a definite, I am just curious.

What do you guys think of this schedule? This might sound rough for
someone who is starting to get in shape but I want to get my body use
to this routine. Also what do you think of the Creatine?
Old February 2nd 04, 04:37 PM
void11

"Bolton" wrote in message
m...
I been on the South beach diet for two weeks and lost wieght. Last
week I been working out everyday just to get back into the routine and
it has been working. Instead of doing certain portions of the body
each day I do every part. Here is my schedule.

Chest: DB chest press 3 sets of 10
Shoulders: DB shoulder press 3 sets of 10
ABS: Abs crunch 3 sets of 12
Back: Machine row(sit down)3 sets of 10
Tricep: DB French press 3 sets of 10( this is the hardest for me)
Biceps: DB bicep curl 3 sets of 10
Back: DB squats 3 sets of 10

I did this for 8 days straight just to get me back in the routine.
Starting this week I am going to be doing this 4 to 5 days with cardio
done everyday. For cardio I run a mile on the treadmill and about 25
minutes on a stationary bike.

OMG. You did this for 8 consecutive days? Why? If you stick with your
plans of 4 to 5 days of whole body training and cardio everyday, you'll be
on the fast track to overtraining. You need to take it slow and cut your
routine big time. First, start with 3x per week of full body work every
other day (ie. Mon, Wed, Fri) to let your muscles get the necessary rest.
Second, forget doing cardio everyday. If you want, do cardio on the
non-lifting days.

I am also going to take Whey starting this week. I looking to take
about 50g a day throughout the day. I am also looking into take
creatine. This is not a definite, I am just curious.

It's probably too early for you to start using creatine.

What do you guys think of this schedule? This might sound rough for
someone who is starting to get in shape but I want to get my body use
to this routine. Also what do you think of the Creatine?

IMO, this schedule is great if you want to make yourself weak, tired and
sick. Besides, what is your goal specifically? Get stronger? Bigger?
Leaner? Better cardio? Well, regardless of what your goal is, you need to
get enough rest and your present schedule doesn't offer any.

--
Ed
http://members.rogers.com/startingpoint

Old February 2nd 04, 06:09 PM
Fredericks

"Bolton" wrote in message
m...
I did this for 8 days straight just to get me back in the routine.
Starting this week I am going to be doing this 4 to 5 days with cardio
done everyday. For cardio I run a mile on the treadmill and about 25
minutes on a stationary bike.

Your intentions are good, but you are lacking the knowledge base. Do a
Google Groups (groups.google.com) search for the FAQ of this NG and read it.
Then move onto MK's website - the URL is in the FAQ.

Newbies are treated roughly here. That is mainly because the majority of
questions (98.99%) a newbie could possibly ask, has been answered on this NG
countless times before. You just have to search and read the archives.

Pearlf
CPT, ZA

Old February 2nd 04, 06:52 PM
rick++

OMG. You did this for 8 consecutive days? Why?

Thats fairly common in our type-a, do-it-yesterday culture.
Overload, do everything, get sick, and stop.
Moderation is the name of the game.
Old February 2nd 04, 08:19 PM
Jeff Finlayson

Bolton wrote:

I been on the South beach diet for two weeks and lost wieght. Last
week I been working out everyday just to get back into the routine and
it has been working. Instead of doing certain portions of the body
each day I do every part. Here is my schedule.

Chest: DB chest press 3 sets of 10
Shoulders: DB shoulder press 3 sets of 10
ABS: Abs crunch 3 sets of 12
Back: Machine row(sit down)3 sets of 10
Tricep: DB French press 3 sets of 10( this is the hardest for me)
Biceps: DB bicep curl 3 sets of 10
Back: DB squats 3 sets of 10

Too much now. Drop the direct tricep & bicep work.
Do legs first and abs last. Do the rows with free weights.

I did this for 8 days straight just to get me back in the routine.
Starting this week I am going to be doing this 4 to 5 days with cardio
done everyday. For cardio I run a mile on the treadmill and about 25
minutes on a stationary bike.

I am also going to take Whey starting this week. I looking to take
about 50g a day throughout the day. I am also looking into take
creatine. This is not a definite, I am just curious.

No need to start creatine for a while.

What do you guys think of this schedule? This might sound rough for
someone who is starting to get in shape but I want to get my body use
to this routine. Also what do you think of the Creatine?

Here's some sites to read through.
http://www.trygve.com/mfw_faq.html
http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
http://www.weighttrainersunited.com/beginner.html