Anyone Walked N Sweden?

Old April 29th 13, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
[email protected]

Default Anyone Walked N Sweden?

I've been given the opportunity to join a 2 week walk in northen Sweden next July. Walking from Abisko National Park, winding generally south through the mountains and finishing at Kebnekaise.

Does anyone have any experiences of the area they could share?
What is the insect-life like? (Midges love me)

Thanks,

PhilO
Old May 6th 13, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Richard Smith

On Apr 29, 3:19*pm, wrote:
I've been given the opportunity to join a 2 week walk in northen Sweden next July. Walking from Abisko National Park, winding generally south through the mountains and finishing at Kebnekaise.

Does anyone have any experiences of the area they could share?
What is the insect-life like? (Midges love me)

I've not been to Abisko, but a few years ago I spent a ten days in
late August about twenty-ish miles west of there, just over the border
into Norway, and I don't remember midges or mosquitoes being a
particular problem. There were midges there, but much in much smaller
numbers than I'd expect in many parts of Scotland. Looking out at
Abisko from the train window as we went through, it looked like a
beautiful area.

Richard
Old May 30th 13, 11:55 PM
Chris M. Chris M. is offline
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Smith View Post
On Apr 29, 3:19*pm, wrote:
I've been given the opportunity to join a 2 week walk in northen Sweden next July. Walking from Abisko National Park, winding generally south through the mountains and finishing at Kebnekaise.

Does anyone have any experiences of the area they could share?
What is the insect-life like? (Midges love me)

I've not been to Abisko, but a few years ago I spent a ten days in
late August about twenty-ish miles west of there, just over the border
into Norway, and I don't remember midges or mosquitoes being a
particular problem. There were midges there, but much in much smaller
numbers than I'd expect in many parts of Scotland. Looking out at
Abisko from the train window as we went through, it looked like a
beautiful area.

Richard
I spent some time in Norway as well. Beautiful country.....I was there in June and did some walking around the Narvik countryside. Clean, crisp air. Definitely got some great cardio in.